This is an exciting time for our community! For the first time – in a very long time – we have the opportunity to add to our local recreational amenities. What’s more? No increase to your current taxes is expected as a result.
Recreational and community needs have been growing for 30 years here in Palm Harbor and surrounding areas. Here at CSA, we’re ready to grow. We have the land, access to the funding and planning is already underway. A new expanded facility gives more to our residents and is more efficient to operate and is the natural next step in out history.
Would you like to see more active recreation space?
Would you like The Centre to have all of the facilities a recreation center should have?
If you answered “YES” to either of those questions, then please take a minute and contact the Pinellas County Commissioners and let them know!
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO:
> Send an online message to each member of the Pinellas County Commission.
Use this form, check the boxes for each of the 7 commissioners, the County Administrator and ‘Request a Service’ and then complete the form. It’s easy and you can send all 9 messages in just a few minutes! Subject line? Palm Harbor Needs a New Community Center. Tell them, in your own words…
- that more recreational services and the space to host them are needed right here in Palm Harbor.
- that a gymnasium space for sports like pickleball, cheerleading, and basketball would be booked solid and that you and your kids now have to travel to neighboring cities.
- that more meeting space for local support groups, community associations, classes for everyone from kids to seniors is desperately needed.
- that fields are crowded and overbooked and play space is at a premium and you want to stay in your own neighborhood and watch your children play and develop.
- that in the event of a community emergency we need a storm shelter that can accommodate Palm Harbor residents.
> Write your own letter and send it to me – I’ll be sure to get it to the County Commission. Here’s my contact information: send me an email elynford@CSAPalmHarbor.org, or mail your support letter to me at CSA Palm Harbor | 1500 16th Street | Palm Harbor FL 34683 | Attn: Erica Lynford
In the days, weeks and months ahead, I will share more information as it becomes available and I’ll call on you for continued support. In the meantime, should you have an questions or concerns, please contact me by email or call me at 727.771.6000 – I’ll be happy to respond.
This is such an exciting time in our history and I am proud to be a part of this tremendous opportunity. I hope you feel the excitement too!
On behalf of all of us at CSA Palm Harbor, thank you.
Director, CSA Palm Harbor, Parks & Recreation