Established by an act of legislature in 1985, the Palm Harbor Community Services Agency is the lead agency for leisure services for the unincorporated communities of Palm Harbor, East Lake, Crystal Beach and Ozona in Pinellas County, Florida. PHCSA is a not-for-profit organization managed by a team of dedicated professionals and a volunteer Board of Directors. PHCSA offers competitive salaries, benefits and more to its 50+ employees.
PHCSA manages the Palm Harbor Library, East Lake Community Library, East Lake Recreation District and CSA Palm Harbor Parks & Recreation.
Current PHCSA Employment Opportunities
Groundskeeper/Facilities II [Full-time]
- Responsibilities: Coordinates with the Crew Leader on a daily basis to receive crew and work assignments; Maintains ethical/professional standards; Maintains confidentiality; Operates vehicles with utility trailers during shift; Operates small to large motorized equipment in the turf management and sports field maintenance areas. i.e. hand mowers, weed-eaters, gas blowers, edger’s, chain saws, utility vehicles, tractors, gang mowers, reel mowers, riding mowers, field preparation vehicles, power paint striping machines, etc.; Performs turf maintenance, sports field preparation, building maintenance, irrigation, carpentry and general maintenance functions; Performs daily and weekly preventative maintenance on all equipment owned by department; Maintains maintenance records/logs as required; Maintains all facilities that are under the control of the PHCSA in a safe and operational status; Keeps supervisors/leaders advised of operational status of equipment; Leads community service workers while on duty; Performs other maintenance-related duties as assigned.
- Salary Range: $11.00 – $16.00/hour
- Job Type: Full time
- Required education:High school/GED diploma
- Required experience: Janitorial/Grounds Care: Two (2) years experience, one of which must be in recreational maintenance. Working knowledge in: turf management, sports field preparation, irrigation, electrical, welding, plumbing, masonry, carpentry, small engine repair, blueprints, and creative planning.
- Required license or certification: Valid Florida Driver’s License; CPRR certification from the Florida Recreation and Parks Association is recommended.
- Additional Requirements:
- Position requires a person who is a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Position requires ability to operate motor vehicles with trailers on back.
- Position requires employee to work outdoors in extreme temperatures ranges (below 32 degrees and above 90 degrees).
- Position requires consistent physical exertion, frequent bending and heavy lifting of over 50 pounds.
- Position requires adaptability to constant changes in work assignments.
- Position may require flexible working hours/schedule.
- Responsibilities:Performs assigned tasks as instructed by superiors; Works varied shifts; Coordinates with supervisors for daily/special assignments;4. Facilitates needs of programming for shift; i.e. room set-up/break-down; Operates small to medium size equipment necessary to facilitate facility management and maintenance; Has responsibility for facility while on duty; Keep supervisors advised of any problems during shift; and, Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Salary Range: $10.00 / hour
- Job Type: Part-time to possible full time
- Required education: High school or equivalent
- Required experience: Janitorial/Groundscare: 1 year
- Required license or certification: Valid Florida Driver’s License
Contracted Parks & Recreation Opportunities (Programs/Officials)
The Parks & Recreation Division regularly seeks individuals for contracted positions to teach or lead programming or events within the community. These individuals are not regular PHCSA employees and are paid on a fee-sharing agreement (1099).
All contracted position applications should be sent to: PHCSA, Attn: Trish Harrison, 1500 16th Street, Palm Harbor, FL 34683.
Like to propose a new course? Submit a “Course Proposal Form” below!
Share Your Skills With The Community
If you’re interested in becoming an instructor or want to propose a new course, please fill out the Course Proposal Form and Contractual Application Form and return our office. Staff will contact you to set up a meeting and discuss. Candidates for Contractual positions must fill out and turn in 1) Contractual Application Form & 2) IRS W-9 form in order to be considered, along with a copy of drivers license and certifications (if needed).
PHCSA Request for Proposal (RFP)
There are no current RFPs open at this time. Please check back.